Dzuka Lin, MSPT and Happy Owner
My role as a Physical Therapist is simple. I guide and provide the tools patients need to get back to their functional lifestyles by educating the patient, engaging the patient in their individualized and progressive program, and preventing further injuries and problems in the future.
On my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, camping/hiking, watching movies (with good character development) and reciting nerdy movie quotes. I am a world class magician (only in my kids’ eyes).
- As a tai chi instructor and practitioner, I enjoy integrating similar dynamic movement/balance patterns in my own therapy exercises.
- I am also a trained classical violinist, and I am in a position to address the overuse and postural problems often incurred by musicians (that’s one of the reasons I got into this business).
- After working with a Everett Aquasox players and other repetitive throwing athletes in my nascent years, I continue to love working with shoulder injuries and sports biomechanics.
- Masters in Physical Therapy from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri. As a specialty, I studied neuromuscular imbalances in relation to functional movement patterns.
- Consultant for injury prevention and diagnosis to Super Jock N Jill, EarthCorps, local Whole Foods, and other fine organizations in North Seattle
Diane Mullen, MSPT
As a Physical Therapist, I feel my biggest role is assisting people in reaching their functional best to allow them to enjoy life to the fullest. I enjoy a dynamic exercise-based approach in caring for patients’ needs and promoting active, healthy living.
Outside of the clinic, I enjoy traveling, music, hiking, and sports.
Professional Interests: I feel educating patients on their condition, along with effective treatment and prevention strategies have the biggest impact on their current and long-term health. I enjoy working with athletes and weekend warriors as well as assessing ergonomics and the professional sitters out there. I have pursued outpatient traveling physical therapy in multiple states, which combined my love of travel with a great career in helping people do what they love in life.
- Masters in Physical Therapy from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri. One area of special interest to me is Ergonomics.
- Trained and completed certification by The Back School of Atlanta, as well as performing on-site ergonomic assessments in office and work environments.
Elaine Armantrout, PT, DSc, ECS
I specialize in nerve conduction studies and needle electromyography (NCS/EMG) evaluations. As one of the first women in the U.S. to achieve board certification in Clinical Electrophysiologic Physical Therapy from the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS), I have seen more than 20,000 patients for NCS/EMG studies over the span of my 30+ year career.
- Graduate of the physical therapy program at the University of Iowa.
- Earned Doctorate degree from Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions, Provo, UT.
- I am the current President of the Physical Therapy Association of Washington (PTWA). I was appointed to ABPTS where I was responsible for board certification candidate review, competency revalidation process, examination development, item writing and standards setting for the exam administered by the National Board of Medical Examiners. I have published many scholarly works. I am a lecturer at the University of Puget Sound and am a speaker at national professional meetings. PTWA named me the Physical Therapist of the Year in 2005. I started my private practice in 2007.
Darshana Naik, MSPT, OCS, Certified MDT
Before joining our team at Action Reaction Physical Therapy, I worked in New York in an outpatient clinic where I successfully spearheaded a women’s wellness program focusing on pelvic health. I bring a wealth of orthopedic knowledge with my board certification in orthopedics and have found my niche in pelvic rehabilitation. I have enjoyed being a clinical instructor to DPT students with NYMC as well as mentoring residency students with NYU.
On my spare time, I enjoy spending time with friends and family. That is of course when I am not busy rehearsing for one of my upcoming dance shows!
Darshana treats a variety of Women’s Health diagnoses including pregnancy related musculoskeletal pain, postpartum pelvic rehabilitation , diastasis rectus abdominis (split in the abdominal muscle) , pelvic pain, urinary and fecal incontinence, prolapse, coccyx pain and rehabilitation after pelvic surgeries.
Trained in Pelvic floor rehabilitation with American Physical Therapy Association 2012.
Trained in Advanced pregnancy and postpartum Physical Therapy with American Physical Therapy Association.
OCS- Board certified orthopedic clinical specialist by American Physical Therapy Association 2011.
Cert MDT-Certified Mechanical diagnosis and Therapy Provider by Mckenzie institute USA 2011.
MS-Master of Science in musculoskeletal Physical Therapy , University of pittsburgh 2009
BPTh-Bachelor of physical Therapy , TNMC Mumbai,India
I am a dedicated and passionate therapist with emphasis on a functional approach promoting wellness, prevention, and patient education. With a wide range of experience with all ages working in different settings, such as hospitals, outpatient clinics, home health and sport rehabilitation clinics in Europe and in the US, I understand the complexity of the circumstances a patient can present with.
As a PT my primary goal is to get my patients back to their prior functional level and beyond as soon as possible by treating the whole body, not just one body part. My focus is to identify the source of their problems, help to fix the dysfunction, and prevent my patients from developing a recurring dysfunctional pattern. PT rehabilitation is a journey between the art of movement and the science behind it. I graduated in 1995, earned advanced degrees in functional movement, sport rehabilitation, manual therapy, vestibular therapy, neurorehabilitation, and climbing as a therapy.
It is a pleasure joining the Action Reaction Physical Therapy team.
I am one of a few nationally-certified specialists in Neurological Physical Therapy and Vestibular Rehabilitation in Washington State. After 12 years working as a Neurologic PT specialist at Harborview Medical Center, I founded Pacific Balance and Rehabilitation Clinic to provide high-quality, personalized patient care for clients with neurologic or vestibular dysfunction. I manage movement deficits related to neurological disorders, dizziness, musculoskeletal dysfunction, and fear of falling, with a focus on optimizing movement skills toward clients’ life goals. Having played soccer at Stanford University and completed 10 marathons, I incorporate sports skills training and methods into my rehabilitation interventions.