Dzuka Lin, MSPT and Happy Owner
My role as a Physical Therapist is simple. I guide and provide the tools patients need to get back to their functional lifestyles by educating the patient, engaging the patient in their individualized and progressive program, and preventing further injuries and problems in the future.
On my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, camping/hiking, watching movies (with good character development) and reciting nerdy movie quotes. I am a world class magician (only in my kids’ eyes).
- As a tai chi instructor and practitioner, I enjoy integrating similar dynamic movement/balance patterns in my own therapy exercises.
- I am also a trained classical violinist, and I am in a position to address the overuse and postural problems often incurred by musicians (that’s one of the reasons I got into this business).
- After working with Everett Aquasox players and other repetitive throwing athletes in my nascent years, I continue to love working with shoulder injuries and sports biomechanics.
- Masters in Physical Therapy from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri. As a specialty, I studied neuromuscular imbalances in relation to functional movement patterns.
- Consultant for injury prevention and diagnosis to Super Jock N Jill, EarthCorps, local Whole Foods, and other fine organizations in North Seattle
Elaine Armantrout, PT, DSc, ECS
I specialize in nerve conduction studies and needle electromyography (NCS/EMG) evaluations. As one of the first women in the U.S. to achieve board certification in Clinical Electrophysiologic Physical Therapy from the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS), I have seen more than 20,000 patients for NCS/EMG studies over the span of my 30+ year career.
- Graduate of the physical therapy program at the University of Iowa.
- Earned Doctorate degree from Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions, Provo, UT.
- I am the current President of the Physical Therapy Association of Washington (PTWA). I was appointed to ABPTS where I was responsible for board certification candidate review, competency revalidation process, examination development, item writing and standards setting for the exam administered by the National Board of Medical Examiners. I have published many scholarly works. I am a lecturer at the University of Puget Sound and am a speaker at national professional meetings. PTWA named me the Physical Therapist of the Year in 2005. I started my private practice in 2007.
Darshana Naik, MSPT, OCS, Certified MDT
Before joining our team at Action Reaction Physical Therapy, I worked in New York in an outpatient clinic where I successfully spearheaded a women’s wellness program focusing on pelvic health. I bring a wealth of orthopedic knowledge with my board certification in orthopedics and have found my niche in pelvic rehabilitation. I have enjoyed being a clinical instructor to DPT students with NYMC as well as mentoring residency students with NYU.
On my spare time, I enjoy spending time with friends and family. That is of course when I am not busy rehearsing for one of my upcoming dance shows!
Darshana treats a variety of Women’s Health diagnoses including pregnancy related musculoskeletal pain, postpartum pelvic rehabilitation , diastasis rectus abdominis (split in the abdominal muscle) , pelvic pain, urinary and fecal incontinence, prolapse, coccyx pain and rehabilitation after pelvic surgeries.
Trained in Pelvic floor rehabilitation with American Physical Therapy Association 2012.
Trained in Advanced pregnancy and postpartum Physical Therapy with American Physical Therapy Association.
OCS- Board certified orthopedic clinical specialist by American Physical Therapy Association 2011.
Cert MDT-Certified Mechanical diagnosis and Therapy Provider by Mckenzie institute USA 2011.
MS-Master of Science in musculoskeletal Physical Therapy , University of pittsburgh 2009
BPTh-Bachelor of physical Therapy , TNMC Mumbai,India
I am a dedicated, passionate therapist who emphasizes a functional approach, promoting wellness, prevention and patient education. With a wide range of experience with all ages working in different settings, such as hospitals, outpatient clinics, home health and sport rehabilitation clinics in Europe and in the US, I understand the complexity of the circumstances a patient can present with. As a PT, my primary goal is to get my patients back to their prior functional level and beyond as soon as possible by treating the whole body, not just one body part. My focus is to identify the source of their problems, help to fix the dysfunction and prevent from developing a recurring dysfunctional pattern. The PT rehabilitation is a journey between the art of movement and the science behind it. Graduated in 1995, earned advanced degrees in functional movement, sport rehabilitation, manual therapy, vestibular therapy, neurorehabilitation, climbing as a therapy.
I work with a wide range of patient population and diagnosis with musculoskeletal problems. In my opinion the first milestone in rehabilitation is having a good postural control with strong core as a foundation for further success. My role is to guide patients through all the obstacles in their healing journey with ease, so they can return to their previous lifestyle and beyond.
I am a life long learner, currently working towards getting a certification with the McKenzie Institute in Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy also developed a special interest in working with rock climbing injuries.
In my spare time I coach my kids sports teams in basketball and archery, enjoy our great outdoors with hiking, biking, mountaineering, rock climbing and sailing, do bodywork in form of belly dancing and drumming.